Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Melting Pot Sandwich: The Ultimate Lunchtime Hunger Buster


I'm not a huge fan of roast beef lunchmeat (unless it's straight from the rump on a bagel with gravy) but I know there's probably a lot of you that dig a Arby's roast beef sandwich. This just doesn't have roast beef on it but that's the main taste. That makes it just the sandwich for you especially if you're super hungry but be warned, it's not for the faint of stomach. Just looking at the ingredient list is enough to fill you up:
  • Ciabatta bread
  • Garlic Caesar Dressing
  • Roast Beef
  • Salami
  • Ham
  • Provolone Cheese
  • Tomato


One of the highlights of this sandwich would definitely have to be this Ciabatta bread I discovered while searching out ingredients for my sandwich at Kroger. As you can see from the packaging, you actually have to bake it the oven. The result is nothing short of a very warm, delicious, fresh, and toasty tasting bread.

Toasty is the only way to go with this sandwich


Originally, I didn't intend to add tomatoes to this sandwich creation because a little birdie told me that they don't really go well with roast beef. I'm glad I didn't end up listening to that birdie because it made this sandwich taste more delicious. 

Ultimately, this a satisfying sandwich, but it would of been better if I had used a different dressing. Perhaps the sweet taste of poppy seed dressing would of done the trick. Sometimes, you win or lose in the sandwich war especially when you're trying to invent something different but this sandwich is somewhat in between. I probably wouldn't use so many different kinds of meats ever again on a sandwich. That part of it was kind of an experiment gone wrong Needless to say. if you're making this sandwich I would recommend leaving off the ham and the salami because it really doesn't add anything to the taste. All in all if you have a big appetite and like roast beef then you'll want to try this for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...